Okay, so sometimes you have to deliver the bad news, You want to break up. However, I am a firm believer that with anything you do it’s about how you do it. If you want to break up with someone here are six ways you may NOT want to do it. It already hurts to be dumped, don’t add fuel to the fire by doing it this way:
1. Sending a Text Message: I know texting is the way to go in this millennium but let’s save that for chit chat. When you have an important conversation like a break up, try not to resort to text unless you have to. In-person conversation or via phone will allow you both to express your feelings more fluidly and accurately.
2. Calling in the middle of the Night: I was half sleep when I answered a phone call only to hear the news from one of my ex’s. I was able to let out a groggy okay and went back to sleep in order to make my 5:45 AM wake up call. I don’t even think what happened registered until mid morning the next day. Considering, I took that pretty well, because at another time in my life if I would have immediately woken, me up, an argument would have ensued, ruining my sleep and following work day. The point is, have some tact and break up when the other person is alert!
3. On Facebook: The worst way to receive the notice is by finding out when the rest of social media world does: seeing your ex’s relationship status change to “Single”. Be respectful enough to give your partner forewarning.
4. Ignoring: Come on people we aren’t in middle school anymore. The worst thing you can do is just stop answering phone calls and messages. A person should not have to guess you’re no longer together.
5. Word of Mouth: This is simialr to Facebook, but instead someone else tells you that your ex has broken up with you. Before going around town professing your “Singledom” have a conversation with your ex. It’s the least you can do.
6. Sending an Email: Unless this is your regular mode of communication this can be impersonal, so don’t hide behind the mouse.
Are we missing any? We understand different relationships call for different things so use this advice sparingly. Dealing with a Bug-A-Boo may call for different things. Chime in lovelies we would love to hear your break up stories!