After spending the winter getting cozy with your lover and hopefully going on some exciting dates through out the chillier months its finally time to open up the windows and let in the fresh air or make a trip outside!
Here are some exciting dates perfect for night & day – so ditch the blankets and grab your babe for some spring fun.
Get Active –
The couple that plays together stays together! It’s time to get outside and make the most of the adventures that are all around you.
- Hiking: A great way to exert energy while spending some alone time with your significant other and taking in the scenery. For added romance, take a night hike with just a flashlight as your guide (works best if you have taken the path in the daylight first).
- Bike Rides: Most cities have bike paths and parks ready to be explored.
- Sporting Events: Surprise your boyfriend with tickets to a baseball game! Get involved in community leagues, or play catch in the back yard. Also, catch a Hockey game before the season comes to a close.
- Zip Line: don’t turn away from this seemingly scary activity. Some are designed to be more leisurely and some give you just enough of an adrenaline rush!
Spruce Up The Home
After the long winter months, most of us can probably agree that its time to bring a little brightness into our homes.
- Spring Cleaning: A classic way to spend quality time together is cleaning. No, I don’t mean let’s do the laundry and dishes together, rather let’s make our home an enjoyable place for the both of us by adding new wall art or storing the extra blankets.
- The Earth Laughs In Flowers (and plants): There are plenty of flowers and plants that are great to have around the house. Or maybe, now is the time for you to start you garden together or improve the landscaping!
- DIT – Do It Together: Pick out a new paint color and give your furniture, front door, or living room wall a make over. If you are feeling crafty introduce your BF to Pinterest and find something you can make together.
With the change of weather we are all getting excited to incorporated fruity flavors and try new recipes that pair perfectly with cocktails on the porch.
- Picnic in the Park: Pack a basket full of your favorite foods and drinks, and enjoy an afternoon under a shade tree.
- Fruit Farms: Go organic and visit your local apple orchard or strawberry farms. This is a healthy and fun daytime activity! Try incorporating your yummy fruits into a new recipe such as salads and desserts.
- Mixed Drinks: Everyone enjoys a refreshing drink, alcoholic or not, while enjoying the sun. Try making a new drink, (that you both enjoy) every Saturday and invite friends over for your own happy hour.
It’s finally warm so what better way to spend the afternoon than enjoying the sun.
- Garden Gurus: There are plenty of types of gardens you and your sweetie can explore together. Find tranquility walking through a botanical, butterfly, or peace garden. If you are up for more of a challenge hedge mazes are lots of fun!
- Drive in Movies: With the weather getting warmer its time to take your movie-nights-in, outdoors. Pack up the car with blankets, pillows and snacks – just the right ingredients for snuggling with your significant other.
- Animal Loving: The zoo is never a dull place! Between the penguins, elephants and adorable animal t-shirts you are sure to have an adventure. Also, many zoos have special events such as behind the scene tours that give you a chance to interact with the animals.
Don’t forget to show off your new skills, experiences and clean home to your friends by inviting them over for a couple’s night or meet at the local park! Spring is a perfect time to make fresh foods and create memories in the warm air while spending time with your love.
Written by: Sydney Cologie dream “job” is doing PR for a fashion magazine or retail company. She enjoy reading my horoscope and am often spilling hot coffee on myself. Inspired by city life, swing sets, and oversized sweaters the world is her oyster. Making up new words & watching cartoons are just a few of her favorite pastimes along with buying unnecessary calendars and dreaming of owning a kitten.