Don’t let the change of weather keep your relationship from blossoming. Here’s our list of date ideas to keep you both from freezing over in the winter months.
For The Artist In You:
1. My Favorite – Gallery Hop
Many major cities have a night or weekend they dedicate to opening their galleries to the pubic while offering snacks and drinks. This includes boutiques, salons, and street performers. This activity allows you both to take a step into the art world for an evening.
2. Painting classes. You don’t have to be a pro to get messy and mix some colors. At the end you will have a great first picture to hang over the fireplace.
3. Theater performances, there are plenty of options ranging from dances, plays, musicals, and spoken word.
4. Poetry readings at local coffee shops. Chill out, find a cozy spot, and listen to the readings. Maybe next time you and your significant other can share a poem you wrote together.
5. DIY crafts next to the fireplace, Pinterest has many ideas and what better way to spend an evening inside with your honey.
For The Lovers Of Snow:
1. My Favorite – Ski Trip:
Pack your bags and your favorite pair of snow boots for a trip to hit the slopes. Whether you are pro or beginner, this date idea is great for a good laugh and bringing you both together while learning new ticks. After, enjoy some hot cocoa by the fire and snuggle up in the lodge.
2. Ice-skating, although, this may be cliché, holding hands and skating around a Christmas tree never gets old.
3. Sled riding. Channel your inner child and search for the largest hill in town. This entertaining activity will have you laughing all afternoon.
4. Build a snowman. Working together with your sweetie to build a snowman is easy and you will have a reminder of the time you spent together all winter (or at least until he melts).
5. Horse drawn carriage ride in the park. Swoon, how romantic, this is a perfect way to get close to your significant other while taking in the sights.
For The Music Gurus:
1. My Favorite – Concert:
Do you both have a favorite artist or band? Attending a concert together is an exciting way to get out of the house, let your hair down, and sing some tunes.
2. Go out dancing. Put on that new dress and show of your moves, this lets you and your honey to get close while exploring a new scene.
3. Ballroom/Salsa dance classes. Having to work together while learning a skill is a great way to sync together your minds and bodies.
4. Enjoy a local musician, whether you prefer rock music or folk there is a place where you can find it.
5. Karaoke, you don’t have to have the most beautiful voice to belt you’re the lyrics to you and your lovers “song”
For The Inner Chef:
1. My Favorite – Cooking Classes:
The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, right? Enjoy an evening of making a delicious meal together. Local restaurants and culinary schools offer a variety of classes ranging from one-on-one lesson to a Mexican fiesta. After, enjoy the leftovers and show off your new talents to friends and family.
2. Make marshmallows over the fire. Too cold to make a campfire so why not bring it indoors where you can enjoy a sweet snack.
3. Wine/Beer tasting. Let loose and enjoy your local wine and beer. You might just find a new favorite.
4. Try new restaurant. There are constantly new places opening right around the corner that you keep saying you are going to try. Make plans for an evening and indulge in your neighborhoods newest addition.
5. Volunteer at a soup kitchen. There are plenty of ways to offer a helping hand this season and this allows for you to spend the afternoon getting to know your significant other a little better.
For The Cuddlers:
1. My Favorite – Stargaze: Make sure to grab a sleeping bag and a few extra layers before lying under the night sky. This is a romantic way for you both to bundle up and get close while excluding the rest of the world.
2. Build a pillow pile. Bring all the pillows and blankets into the living room and enjoy making an adult fort for the both of you to relax after a long day.
3. Shopping for new blankets and sweaters, get ready for all those holiday parties and prepare your living room for winter with new fuzzy blankets.
4. Movie and wine night. Get cozy on the couch while watching your favorite classic or newly released movie and don’t forget the wine glasses.
5. Play with puppies at your local shelter or pet store. This always brings a smile to my face and is a fun way to spend time with your significant other. Who knows you might end up with a new addition to the apartment.
Whether you enjoy the brisk outdoors or mixing up something new in the kitchen I hope this list inspires you to keep your relationship exciting when the winter months approach. Try something different from each category every week and go beyond your usual date night activities!
Written by: Sydney Cologie dream “job” is doing PR for a fashion magazine or retail company. She enjoy reading my horoscope and am often spilling hot coffee on myself. Inspired by city life, swing sets, and over-sized sweaters the world is her oyster. Making up new words & watching cartoons are just a few of her favorite past-times along with buying unnecessary calendars and dreaming of owning a kitten.